Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I convince everyone in my house to not wear shoes in the house?

They always forget to take their shoes off and I end up having to clean up the mud and dirt. 

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Treats. if they take off there shoes they will get a treat something special from you. But make it a secret so it will then make them wan to take off their shoes to get the prize

• 1 month ago

Keep slippers or slip-overs by the door.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Put your foot down on it

• 1 month ago

Dontallow them into your ******* house.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Worry about mask not shoes

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Put your foot down on it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't let them visit your house. Visit them at their house.

• Good
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You have to meet each one at the door

and insist they remove their shoes before they enter.

It may be a pain to do so, but it is necessary until it

becomes the habit you want them to have.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Provide a place for them to keep their shoes (like cubby shelf) at the entrance properly labeled.  It will also serve to cue them to remember.

• Glass
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Make them clean up after themselves. No excuses, no exceptions. They aren't "forgetting", they just don't care because they know you will clean up after them. Give them a reason to care and the problem will resolve itself.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.