Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

If I get turned down for a credit card, does it affect my credit score?

I’d like to get a Chase Sapphire card. My credit score is 710. I have a $50k income. I also have $55k in federal student loans ($250/month payment plan) and a $175k mortgage. 

About 10 points lower for 3 months whenever a HARD-PULL is done. 

Applying for credit is a HARD-PULL. 

rejection is not the problem, only HARD-PULLS

For 700+ credit scores, you don't want more than 4 HARD-PULLS within any 24 months period.

Applying for credit dings your score  approval or denial does not

Applying for a credit card ALWAYS affects your credit score.  The effect is the same (a small reduction for a year) whether or not you are turned down; being turned down has no additional effect beyond the affect that applying has whether or not you are turned down.

Just the hard inquiry is counted.

There is nothing special about the Chase Sapphire Card.  

You want to be paying your educational expenses for 18 years?  RIDICULOUS!!!