Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

How did you find comfort that dreadful day in Feb 2002 when Prince Charles took to the airwaves in tribute to his aunt Princess Margaret ?

Charles was on TV with a special statement from a drawing room at Sandringham. Were you alone or comforted by others as you watched the mournful tribute of her nephew?

• ?

That was such a 'dreadful day' that I can't even remember what went on, other than the announcement that Princess Margaret had died (and probably was deservedly finally at peace).

Prince Charles took to the airwaves in tribute to his aunt Princess Margaret

Was that the broadcast for the pantomime Princess Margaret or the real one?

You are not interested that some individuals found convenience; you are just curious about positioning "inquiries" that generate adverse reactions regarding the royals.

I bear in mind seeing a newspaper article with a clip from Charles remembering his auntie. His function was to commemorate her, not to provide comfort to viewers. I assume you are aware of this!

Not really.....

I was totally unaware of it until I read this headline. I still don't care much.

I think you asked this anonymously, answered in your own name, then awarded yourself best answer, because I cannot fathom another person even remembering the event.

• Alan H

I did not even see it

• Clo

You are not interested that some people found comfort; you are only interested in posing "questions" that elicit negative responses about the royals.

I remember seeing a news story with a clip from Charles remembering his aunt. His purpose was to pay tribute to her, not to give comfort to viewers. I think you are well aware of this!

I didn't need any comfort and I very much doubt if many other people did either