Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do my parents think they are allowed to give me unwanted adviice over what i eat?

You are a legal adult.  Ignore their "adviice" and eat whatever you want.

• ?

they might be just trying to help

• ?

You've been posting for six years. Three of those years , you've been complaining about not getting along with your parents. So how old are you?Really? Any closer to eighteen, when you can move out and do what you want?  You have previously said you were 21, and I don't remember how long ago that was ! Something not right in the head here. 

Your parents "are allowed" to advise you because they're your parents. Its THEIR JOB.  You didn't describe what you eat or what they say, so that's the limit of how I can further advise you.

In a previous post, you said you are twenty-one years old and can make your own decisions.  It's your parent's job to watch out for their children.  Move out when the situation presents itself.

they give you advice because they are your'e PARENTS and they care about your'e health

You shouldn't look at it as if they were giving you unwanted advice. Your parents love you more than life itself and they worry about you if you don't eat right. Your parents didn't give you life so you could destroy it by not eating the proper food. You can end up with a lot of major problems if you don't eat right. Why don't you let them help you with choosing the right kind of food for you to eat? If you're willing to meet them halfway with them choosing the right kind of food, then tell them that they have to meet you halfway when you want to eat the food that you want to eat. 

Parents will comment on everything you do they deem not so good. For example it doesn't matter that most of the time I eat good things but if I buy a pizza I get the "It has this many calories, it's greasy, I'd never touch one". Yet they are happy to have a fish and chips every so often or eat a chocolate bar. Contradictions everywhere.

I would just say thanks for the advice then consider if your habits are good. If they are then just ignore it. Doesn't hurt to take advice and then discard it later.

Because they care about your welfare.