Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 4
? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Are there and have been many cases in human history, where invaders don't know they are invaders?

Update:

This is not a chat site

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Most of the New World was 'settled' by invaders, but they would not describe themselves as such.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Romans invaded Britain and stayed for years.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe the "pioneers and Settlers" who invaded our country didn't think they were invaders. They were following that white angel named "manifest destiny". Maybe those "49ers" also thought they weren't invaders when they came from all over the world to take over calif. Maybe all those "homesteaders" who came from all over the world to claim some of that "free land" the govt was giving away didn't know they were taking it from us, who had settled it thousands of years earlier. Or, maybe they just didn't care.

Source(s): calif ndn
  • Err yeah there are,  took me a min to decipher this so it's comprehensible but i think i understand you..

How about all the European foreign influences, into America, they would never admit they were invaders but that''s exactly what they were, btw isn't this politics?  nvm you changed it now, all good

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.