Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Why am I being prosecuted for a trespassing misdemeanor I committed months back?

So last July I was held in jail overnight for trespassing and was released in the morning and I thought that was the end of that then i November I got in trouble with the law and now they’re charging me with the crime I did and they brought back that incident of trespassing and now wanting to charge me on that too and go to court for it. I thought that day when I spent that night in jail and left the following morning it was over with but why they bring it back

because you continue to act like an over grown brat

in my state, the police/DA has up to 3 years to bring charges.  They usually do so after finding and documenting strong evidence.  if that takes 3 months, it takes 3 months

• ?

Because they can. Two charges gives them more leverage when it comes to negotiating a plea bargain.

• ?

Are we talking theft / burglary for your second offence in less than  6 months  ?

Get a lawyer.

Yea, they can do that.  They have a couple of years to charge you.  And they're all against you.  Police get paid to put you in jail.  They'll do what ever it takes to put you in jail.

Sounds to me like it's time to hire a lawyer, and if you can't afford one in most places the state will provide one for you.  Best of luck...