Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 weeks ago

What's the real reason for Yahoo! shutting down Answers?

There's a hidden reason. It's going to come out soon. 

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

Lack of profitability! Since its going to be erased, deleted as if it had never existed!

It's not going to be archived for posterity!

Many users took a thrill intimidating, reporting, harassing users!

Now they scored their own goal! 

A lack of users equates fewer profits! The ultimate death knell! 

Live and let live was never their philosophy! To allow the coexistence of a variety of diverse views!

They saw it as a game.

It was winner take all!

Many of the questions and answers should never have been posted in the first place.As long term they undermined the validity of the site.They were neither informative, helpful or pulled in more users!

As a college lecturer once said every time there were redundancies in his factory (where he worked, before he changed careers and took up teaching) the factory foreman would maliciously crow with glee, at the thought of getting even with all those workers he hated, and he hated the lot!  He enjoyed giving them the sack!

Then came the day he got told, since there were so few workers, his services as a foreman were no longer viable! In other words he too got the boot!

He didn't see that coming!

Dah! It was predictable!

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Manchester City are on the verge of winning the European Cup?

• Why wouldn't it shut down? No one is using it so it's not making money. It's just a joke site, with kids asking if they're pregnant or about tanks. 

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Democrats are shutting down freedom of speech as part of their tyrannical globalist takeover.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

Racist remarks and a lot of hatetradising innit

• 2 weeks ago

Low quality of questions, chat, trolling, probably legal issues around actual harassment etc.  I imagine it also pulls in too little revenue.

• 2 weeks ago

Just the liberal perspectives will win, I am near taking out Yahoo from all my devices....

• 2 weeks ago

No hidden reasons, and it’s nothing to do with it being nasty. It’s always been full of trolls and bullies. It’s shutting down because of a lack of interest. It’s a business decision. 

• 2 weeks ago

Only the liberal views will prevail, I am very close to eliminating Yahoo from all my devices.... 

• 2 weeks ago

Yahoo Answers has been CANCELLED.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.