Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 week ago

why is the New York Times, along with other news sources writing articles mocking Yahoo Answers & its users?

• 1 week ago

New Yorkers always mock people from the Sunshine State.  They think they are superior because they have to get used to all sorts of seasonal weather, like freezing fog, sleet and rain.

1 week ago

They are the minions of the American empire! The toffee nosed establishment who knows what's best for others not of their class!

(Their predecessors were the absolute monarchs King Louis and Czar Nicholas. Who decreed they were gods representatives on earth and as such not accountable to the filthy poor hoards they lorded over!)

Not a single back bone between them TO challenge any war America gets itself embroiled into! They promote war mongering!

You have to look at which country they serve! Certainly not the one they live in!

Dual citizenship and its unintended consequences!

Yahoo users don't get paid to shill!  Unlike them!

• 1 week ago

because theyre haters. there just jealous honestly and i cannot relate !

• 1 week ago

Links to some of these 'other news sources' would be interesting?

• Ludwig
    1 week ago

Because it is a mong board.  For mongs.  To go monging on.

• 1 week ago

That is to say, let's be honest, we are a surprising bundle of cnuts

1 week ago

Because it’s full of trolls and uneducated chavs like me and you who are good cannon fodder for mockery for those with an education and class (which none of us on YA have otherwise we wouldn’t be on here). They are amused by us fools. Quite right too. Where are my underpants? Oh here they are on my head. Quack quack, jibber jibber, quack quack. my old mans a dustman etc. 

• Mike
    1 week ago

I read the NY Times every day. Where are these articles you refer to. I haven't seen any?

A day later (4/8), I saw the article. It really doesn't capture the flavor of YA.

• Jeff S
    1 week ago

Because they're part of the Establishment who fear the truth!

• i don't know and don't care.