Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lv 7
asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 days ago

what is the real reason for Yahoo Answers being shut down? is it due to agreements with Big Media companies to censor people's opinions?

i even read in today's New York Times article that many feel this way and the article went on to associate Yahoo Answers with Trump supporters and mock the site in general and its users. why?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

The liberals are gaining the upper hand with the help of the media...

• 3 days ago

I do think it's the Big Media Cartel trying to rein in our freedom of speech.

But to associate Y!A with Trump supporters is strange - there are just as many Far Left nuts.  All kinds of nuts, along with regular people.  I'm willing to put up with the nuts in order to have some freedom.  

And then too, maybe there isn't enough profit in Y!A....

• Anonymous
    3 days ago

American power just AIN'T what it used to be!

Duopoly has seen to that! Since both have bamboozled the masses! For own gain!

No longer can it deliver! Post fall of the Soviet Union, no bogeyman to keep it on its toes!

Just as communism associated with the Soviet Union pooped now its capitalist West's turn!

Hence ignorance needs to be promoted! To cull mass protest, by exposing the truth!

Corruption! Abuse of power! Need all the help they can get!

The sun is setting on the west!

Instability is on the horizon! Vested interests need censorship to retain their power, influence!

Aloha! King Louis!

Czar Nicholas!

Enlightenment quashed!

Absolute power bequeathed from .......tech oligarchs!

• Anonymous
    3 days ago

Yahoo! is part of the Democrat, Liberal Media Empire. An Evil Empire made of NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, PBS, NBC, CBS, Tribune, Newsnation, ABC, Disney, ESPN, MSNBC, CNBC, Twitter, Facebook. These are Fake Media companies. These Media companies want to take away legally owned guns, endorse Abortion, endorse same-sex marriage (especially Disney), love Black Lives Matter, they are against Law Enforcement and our Military. They want to coddle and protect criminals, Felons, give them the right to vote. They want to coddle and protect illegal aliens.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 days ago

Yahoo Answers was conceived as a questions and answers site not a chat room. People using it as a chat room by inviting and expressing opinions on contentuous subjects is what has gone wrong.

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

Some sites have admitted to a censorship-- and more coming. You can look that up. Some difference of opinions  on the political  side will not be allowed by some.  Wouldn't surprise me if that is the real reason.  You have to be a fool to think it couldn't be after the huge mount of spying and " and phone and other records being kept" before on most Americans without warrant or just cause during the Obama administration. Which was denied at first. Till Snowden brought more to the front..Than excused --its all so wrong

Where will these yahoo records go? Will they be kept also? . We have access for a short time who will  be able to read our yahoo footprint   anytime-government?

Not into conspiracy theories usually but this well could be , Because of History and of "recent" censorship  and the huge mass propaganda put out by current government and media.

And  I find it hard to believe with the hundreds of  millions of followers  they were losing much money.

Censorship usually becomes abusive--HISTORY.

It's about control.

• It's shutting because it's not making money. No one uses it. It's gone

• 4 days ago

Yahoo will be selling the information we've all provided it and making mega bucks from our Q's & A's.

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

It's due to all the trolls that have taken it over.

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

I’m more inclined to think it’s because Yahoo! is incompetently run and Answers was born half-assed and deteriorated from there, to the point it’s not worth the electricity to run the servers any more.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.