Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anyone gonna miss Yahoo Answers?

Even though it had a reputation for some stupid questions I prefer Yahoo Answers over other platforms

• 6 hours ago

People who use it will miss it. But I miss the analog world a billion times more than I will ever miss anything on the internet. For the younger readers here, I can only say I am sorry you did not get to experience the real world as it was meant to be. The pace of living was only slightly slower but immensely more fulfilling and far less stressful.

• 1 day ago

yeh, I think they are making a mistake, the format of asking questions instead of regurgitating Facebook posts was a much better way of social media 

• 2 days ago

Yes, I will miss it more than I can tell. Nothing will ever bring back the 15 years I have been on this site.

• ?
    2 days ago

Yes, very much indeed. I cannot find another site remotely similar to this one.

• Sarah
    3 days ago

I will. I really only come once in a while, but it's nice to see the questions and answers that come. However, it's been on a decline for years, especially since the transition to Verizon. This was inevitable.

• 3 days ago

Yep.

The non-serious nature of it is what made it what it is and - I always took its existence for granted since it felt like very low maintenance for Yahoo.

Robotic overly-moderate sites - including but not limited to ones that base the amount of activity a user can engage in based on the age of their memberships - contradict the very nature of what a message board should be about.

I do believe some moderation is needed i.e. immediately deleting (if not first reviewing) posts that are simply posted (i.e. graphic material) to share misery and weird stuff like that... but an open-natured message board that allows a wealth of questions and answers is a good thing to me.

We're all adults.

We can choose whether or not to visit and/or use a site... but Yahoo thinks otherwise and has made the decision for us. :-(

• Kyle
    4 days ago

it's been worse and worse for a while.  especially after they took away adding comments to answers.  i won't miss it too bad.. maybe i'll try reddit or some other forum

• OTTO
    4 days ago

I will feel a void. I joined in 2008, went years offline, then began posting in 2020. I have about 21,000 points. I will never see level 7. 

4 days ago

Just 95% brainless juveniles living in mommy's basement just as with EVERY social media site.

4 days ago

Yes. I prefer it here over facebook because I can be anon and not judged or attacked personally.