Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where all the nice guys?

ie those people that are decent and give pleasant advice to people that ask random bollocks on YA!

They died out because women are only interested in bad guys. 

• 1 week ago

Many of us so-called “nice guys” still exist but are becoming irrelevant in the face of changing societal values and traditions.

Some nice guys “settle” and enter into often doomed, unhealthy, and unsatisfying heterosexual relationships, many embrace non-binary lifestyles, others become proponents of anti-feminist philosophy, multiple others learn to practice celibacy, and the more extreme nice guys become religious fanatics or meet their basic needs by the utilization of sex-workers.

We’re still out here; but where are the women that want guys that are nice? 

Source(s): Life.
  • 1 week ago

They are off getting educated and making money so when the girls get sick of the bad guys they come a running. 

You are not completely wrong. I am a guy and the amount of douche bags out there surprises me too. The internet has certainly not reduced the number.

I’m one and believe me, no one likes or respects a nice guy. 

They don't exist, men are losers

Source(s): men

Lower your standards, but have self-respect. There are lots of nice guys out there. They just don't look like they do in Hollywood.

• Bill

What is a nice guy? I always get the impression that when women talk about nice guys they're not just talking about a guy that is nice. if that was the case then they could easily find one since those kind of nice guys are everywhere. 

Wikipedia(a terrible source I know) defines it as a guy that is agreeable, gentle, compassionate, sensitive and vulnerable. What that list describes however is a submissive guy that seeks validation, is prone to being emotionally hurt, is constantly out to please, and has low self worth. Most women are not going to find that kind of guy worth their time.  

Yourtango defines it as a guy that treats others as he wants to be treated. Not a terribly deep definition, but if that is indeed the definition then it would seem to be pretty easy to find.  

A user on this site once defined it as a guy that is kind, gentle, honest, funny, trust worthy and reliable. A good number of those have nothing to do with being nice though. That's still the best definition I have seen though. 

I tried being nice. It got me nowhere.   Stop being attracted to jerks. 

*raises hand